In our 30 Days of Internet Marketing Fundamentals, we’re talking about different marketing tips and strategies. Our original plan on June 1st was to write 30 days of content. It’s now day 28 and we have been lacking! So, this post lets our readers know what should be done when planning out a content calendar strategy.
What is a content calendar, you ask?
It can be a blog strategy on the different posts that you want to write, scheduled out strategically based on news or topics. It can also be an integrated marketing strategy that entails social media posts, blog content, articles, and even press releases.
In our marketing strategy, we like to create cascading content for clients. For one of our clients, SoulTranSync, we develop a complete Internet Marketing plan. This includes content that is written for blogs, articles, email marketing blasts and of course, social media. The key to developing an effective marketing plan is to know what you want to write about, what is most effective for your audience, and how you want to disseminate that content.
Here are some content calendar tools:
- Editorial Calendar Plugin for WordPress - if you manage your WordPress site, the WordPress Editorial Calendar Plugin is a must. Especially if you blog on behalf of your business or service. With the Editorial Calendar Plugin for WordPress, you’re able to:
- See all of your posts and when they’ll be posted.
- Drag and drop to change your post dates.
- Manage your drafts with our new drafts drawer.
- Quick edit post titles, contents, and times.
- Publish posts or manage drafts.
- Easily see the status of your posts.
- Manage posts from multiple authors.
- Cleverness To-Do List Plugin for WordPress – This plugin provides an internal to-do list within your WordPress dashboard. Think of the possibilities! You can assign blog post ideas to other admins, schedule out your blog post ideas, and also show deadlines and progress fields. See more of the features at WordPress.org.
- Google Docs - Here at Alcantara Media, we like to utilize Google Docs. When creating a simple list on Google Docs, you can open up a new spreadsheet and start organizing your content ideas by date, social network, or topic. Try out the Likeable Content Calendar Sample to get started.
- Hire the Experts - Some of you might be reading this and are overwhelmed. That’s okay! Leave a content strategy up to the experts. Whether you are looking to increase traffic to your website, become an expert in your field online, or increase sales, we are here to help. Contact us at 1-855-232-6334 or email@example.com to talk futher.
Are you ready to get started with your content calendar? Let us know what you think in the comments!